On Winter Solstice the days are short and the nights at their longest reach. There is much hope this day as the light begins to make its return and we have the opportunity to set intentions for Winter! To celebrate this seasonal phenomenon, we’ll hold a traditional 108 Sun Salute session on Winter Solstice, Friday, December 21, 2018 at 6pm.
The 108 practice is truly one of dedication and moving meditation. You may find yourself in your head at the beginning, but will be firmly rooted in the body and the flow by the end and full of abundant energy! Do not fret if you feel you might not be able to do 108 full salutes – we’ll offer modifications and resting options if you need to sit any out. Check out this article to find out more about the significance of the 108.
- We will talk about salute adaptations at the beginning of the session to make this practice accessible.
- We’ll practice in rounds and will have time in between to steady the breath.
- Please bring a water bottle or travel mug (we’ll have Mountain Rose Herb’s chai to nourish you after the practice!) and a small towel for perspiration to have handy during practice.
- The practice will take about an hour and 20 minutes and we’ll finish with a gentle cool down and savasana.0
- As our gift to you, pricing will be the same as regularly scheduled classes.
- Please sign up through our online schedule.