It’s that time of year again when the days are at their longest and we relish the sunshine! The June solstice heralds the beginning of summer. To celebrate this seasonal phenomenon, we’ll hold a traditional 108 Sun Salute session on Summer Solstice, Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 5:30pm (Note that our regularly scheduled 5:30pm Steady Flow class will be canceled this evening to accommodate this special event).
The 108 practice is truly one of dedication and moving meditation. You may find yourself in your head at the beginning, but will be firmly rooted in the body and the flow by the end and full of abundant energy! Do not fret if you feel you might not be able to do 108 full salutes – we’ll offer modifications and resting options if you need to sit any out. Check out this article to find out more about the significance of the 108.
- We will talk about salute adaptations at the beginning of the session to make this practice accessible.
- We’ll practice in rounds and will have time in between to steady the breath.
- Please bring a water bottle or travel mug (we’ll have Mountain Rose Herb’s chai to nourish you after the practice!) and a small towel for perspiration to have handy during practice.
- The practice will take about an hour and a half.
- Pricing will be the same as regularly scheduled classes.
- Please sign up through our online schedule.
This practice is inspired by out Wanderlust Whistler partnership. In the spirit of wanderlust – the desire to explore – this practice allows you to explore the resiliency of the body, mind and spirit!